Montreal in Winter
Welcome to the thematic guide on Montreal in the winter. The guide contains Background or External Information, and Primary Sources depicting winter Montreal in textual (often newspapers) and graphic format (often photographs).
To learn more about the resources listed here, please click the external links or images provided to be sent to their institutional pages.
* These sources are unfortunately behind a paywall.
- The Gazette, Snow or Sleet, January 15 1890, p.8*
- Over the Snow by William George Beers, 1883 (McGill University Library, Microform Collection)
- The Gazette, The Grippe: Cold weather proves its best deterrent, January 1 1890, p.3*
- Vennor's Weather Bulletin, Snowflakes, March 1882, p.3
- Morning Chronicle, "Prepare Winter Clothing Now", October 15 1883, BAnQ
- Postcard showing a typical Canadian winter scene, Montreal, Que., c. 1906-1914
- The Canadian Illustrated News, Through the storm at Rivière-du-Loup, 1880
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by DRAW on this page is for general informational purposes only. DRAW does not claim to hold ownership or copyright to the texts or images shown and instead aims to act as a portal for further discovery.